DIY NATURAL SHAMPOO RECIPE (Shikakai, Reetha, Amla, Fenugreek)
Have you ever wondered how to make your own herbal shampoo? Well look no further! This gentle shampoo will Helps prevent hair fall, help heal scalp conditions like dandruff and itchy scalp and leaves your hair soft, shiny and conditioned. I did not invent this recipe, it’s a recipe that has been used in India for centuries! However, I love it so much and I wanted to share exactly how I make and use it because I think it’s absolutely increible! It’s the perfect thing to add into your holistic haircare routine. So if you want to learn how to make this amazing shampoo, keep reading or watch the video tutorial down below.
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 pieces of dried Shakiaki pods
- 7-8 pieces of dried Reetha
- a few pieces of dried Amla fruit
- 1-2 Tbsp of Fenugreek seeds
Place your herbs into a bowl and add 3 cups of filtered water and let that sit overnight (or at least 8 hours). The next morning transfer to the stove and bring your herbal mixture to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Cooking the shampoo will make it more concentrated. Once the shampoo has cooled, mash It with your hands to get all the goodness out of those herbs! Then strain through a strainer or a nut milk bag into a squeeze bottle and it’s ready to use!
- Shikakai and Amla can darken your hair over time, so if you have blonde hair you might want to take this into consideration.
- Be careful not to get the shampoo in your eyes. It will sting and will cause your eyes to go blood shot. The shampoo is gentle on your hair, but not on your eyes!
- The shampoo will last up to a week in the refrigerator. You can freeze any left overs in an ice cube try and de-thaw when needed.